My secret recipe for original authentic Chinese Satay Chicken is always so popular with family and friends!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3 x Tablespoons Jimmy's Satay sauce - available from Asian grocery stores
- 60 ml Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Onion
- 1 x Teaspoon Peanut butter crunchy
- 1 x Teaspoon Brown sugar
- Rice Jasmine
- 1 teaspoon Peanut oil
- Pinch Shallots - Optional
- 400 gm Chicken Thigh or breast
- Prepare the rice and leave to cook. Chop the Onion into super thin slices. Chop the chicken into thin slices and marinade in 1 tablespoon of Jimmy's sate sauce. Set aside with the other ingredients near the wok or fry pan.
- Heat oil in pan. Add Chicken and toss for 1 minute in oil, add thinly sliced onion and stir in for 30 seconds. Add the 2 tablespoons of Jimmy's sate sauce and stir through quickly.
- Add the brown sugar plus peanut butter and the coconut milk. Toss around the wok/ fry pan until all combined ingredients are cooked. Remove from stove or wok.
- Get the cooked rice and sate chicken and arrange in a bowl. Dress with shallots on top of the rice, it tastes amazing. Enjoy