These Choc Caramel Cookies are a huge hit in our house and don’t last very long at all. A super easy recipe that even the kids can make on their own (just give them a hand with the oven).
Nikki Hills x
Founder & Food Editor | Mouths of Mums
Ingredients (makes 20 biscuits)
- 70g Dark Chocolate chips (or block chocolate chopped into small chunks)
- 70g Caramel choc chips (if not available use milk or white choc)
- 130g Unsalted Butter (softened)
- 80g Caster Sugar
- 80g Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 180g Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup White Chia Seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celcius (a little less if you have fan forced). Line two biscuit trays with baking paper.
- Finely chop chocolate chips/chunks.
- Combine butter, sugars, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl and beat on high until sugars are dissolved and mixture is light and creamy. If you have a food processor you can do this process in there.
- Add all the dry ingredients to the mixture and combine well.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Place balls of cookie dough onto the baking trays remembering to leave space between the biscuits for spreading (about 5cm between each dough ball). Add another chunk of chocolate to the top of each biscuit if you like.
- Cook for 10 - 12 minutes depending on your oven and how brown you like your cookies. Cool on a wire cooling rack and enjoy!