The mousse is rich and decadent and you would never believe it is made from avocado’s. You can serve it with your favourite fruit and dip the fruit into the mousse.The recipe makes enough for 4 people as a small snack. I like to serve mine in a teacup for something different.
Ingredients (makes 1 cup)
- 1 large very ripe Haas avocado
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons good quality dutch cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- Place the avocado, maple syrup, vanilla and salt into a food processor and blend well. Sift in the cocoa powder. Add in half of almond milk and process until smooth, about 30 seconds, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Keep adding in more of the almond milk until you have a thick rich creamy silky consistency.
- Serve immediately with your favourite fruit