This Chocolate Caramel Slice is a yummy Sweet Treat to enjoy over a coffee!
Ingredients (makes 40 slices)
- 150g Butter
- 185g Plain Flour
- 60g Caster Sugar
- pinch Salt
- 395g Condensed milk
- 125g Caster Sugar
- 100g Butter
- 1 tblspn Golden syrup
- 100g Dark chocolate
- Grease and line 22cm square slice tin. Preheat oven to 160°C or 140°C fan-forced.
- Process butter, flour, sugar and a pinch of salt until a breadcrumb-like texture is achieved. Press into base of prepared tin; prick at intervals with a fork.
- Bake in pre-heated oven 20 minutes or until pale golden brown in colour. Cool.
- Meanwhile, combine condensed milk, sugar, butter and syrup in medium saucepan. Cook, stirring over medium heat until sugar dissolves and butter melts. Bring to a boil. Cook, stirring until thickened slightly and pale tan in colour; approximately 3 minutes. Pour over cooled base. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Melt chocolate in clean dry bowl over a pan of gently simmering water; stirring occasionally until melted.
- Spread melted chocolate over cooled caramel layer. Refrigerate until set before cutting into small rectangles.