These decorated Easter chocolate cupcakes are quick, simple and cute!
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 1¼ cups (185g) plain flour
- 1 cup (220g) caster sugar
- ½ cup (50g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Baking Cocoa
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (80mL) vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- ½ cup (75g) NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Melts
- 2 tbsp thickened cream
- 65g butter, softened
- 1 cup (160g) icing sugar mixture
- A few drops of orange food colouring
- 1 ALLEN’S Green Snake, cut into strips
- Preheat oven to 180°C/ 160°C fan forced. Line 12-hole (1/3-cup/80mL) muffin pan with paper cases. Place flour, sugar, NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Baking Cocoa and baking powder in a bowl, stir to combine.
- Place buttermilk, egg, oil and vanilla in a separate jug; mix into dry ingredients. Beat well to combine. Divide mixture among cases and bake for 25 minutes or until tested with a skewer, set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place NESTLÉ BAKERS’ CHOICE Dark Melts and cream in a medium bowl. Microwave uncovered on MEDIUM (50%) for 1 minute; stir. Repeat process in 30 second intervals until melted and smooth; set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter in a bowl until pale. Gradually add icing sugar mixture, beating constantly until combined, add orange food colouring until desired colour is achieved. Place mixture into a piping bag fitted with a round nozzle.
- Carefully scoop a small amount of cake out of each cupcake into a bowl, crumble cake mixture and reserve. Spread cooled chocolate mixture over cupcake tops; carefully coat with reserved cake crumbs.
- Using the piping bag fitted with butter cream, pipe into cupcake holes, coming through the top. Garnish with ALLEN’S Green Snake strips.