A brilliant dessert for christmas time. It is fast and easy to make and looks very festive.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 12 slices)
- 200g dark cooking chocolate
- 150ml thickened cream
- 3 eggs seperated
- 1 tbspn caster sugar
- 1 pavlova base
- 250g seasonal berries
- 30g flake bar
- Place 200g Dark cooking chocolate, broken into rough pieces, and 50 ml thickened cream in a large microwave safe bowl. Cook for 1-2 mins on high until choc is melted and smooth.
- Separate 3 eggs, stir the egg yolks into the choc mix.
- In a separate bowl beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add caster sugar and beat for 1 minute. Then fold egg whites into chocolate mix
- Whip 100 mls thickened cream until thick and fold into choc mix. Refrigerate chocolate mousse for 20 mins. Spoon chocolate mousse over Pavlova and refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Top with seasonal berries strawberries and blueberries and/or kiwi fruit and crumble a flake chocolate bar over the top. Slice evenly and serve.