Ingredients (serves 12)
- 1 White Wings Rich Chocolate Cake Packet Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 175ml Water
- 60g (3 Tbsp) Margarine or soft butter
- 1 White Wings Pavlova Magic mix
- 130ml Caster Sugar
- 140ml Water
- 600ml Thickened Cream
- 1 punnet Fresh berries or fruit
- Pre-heat oven to 160°C (conventional) or 140°C (fan-forced)
- Mix chocolate cake as per directions on back of pack. Place batter in prepared cake tin. Place in the oven on the middle shelf. Set timer to 30mins.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the Pavlova Magic mixture according to directions on pack.
- Once oven alarm sounds, remove half baked cake. Using a large offset spatula, quickly spread ½ meringue mixture on top of cake using as little strokes as possible not to deflate the meringue. Place cake back into the oven, and bake until Meringue is lightly browned and crisp, about 30mins.
- Lower heat if required to 120 degree’s to ensure cake is not over baked.
- Turn oven off and allow cake to cool. Do not open oven door.
- Use cream and fruit to decorate.