A pudding cake with the added goodness of veggies.
The batter can also be spooned into muffin cups for a muffin pan or into a miniature loaf pan.
Omit walnut meal and use sunflower seeds, if making for school lunch box treats.
Ingredients (serves 12 | makes 12 - 14 Servings.)
- 2 Cups Zucchini, grated or blitzed in the chopper
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, ground to a coarse meal
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1.5 Cups Raw Sugar
- 2 Cups Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 1/3 Cup Baking Cocoa Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Essence
- 1/3 Cup Cold Water, may not need all.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a big bowl - the flour, raw sugar and cocoa.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease an 8 inch cake pan (I used my heart shaped pan).
- Add the coarse walnut meal and vanilla essence to the dry flour mix and mix well.
- Slowly fold the grated/ chopped Zucchini to the bowl. Batter will be very thick. Mix in the oil and add in the cold water as required. This is mean to be a thick batter so, may not need all the water.
- Drop the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 175 - 180 degrees C in a fan forced oven for 35 - 45 minutes, depending on the oven. Check if baked by inserting a skewer in the middle of the cake.
- Cool and top with either berries and coconut cream or, dust with desiccated coconut like I did.