This Chow Mein recipe is proudly brought to you by Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker as part of the Philips Spring Kitchen.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g Thin Egg Noodles (made in the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker)
- 50g Bean Sprouts
- 6 Chinese Chives or leeks, chopped
- 50g White Cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 tbsp cooking wine
- Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp White Sesame Seeds, roasted
- 1 tsp Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tbsp Water
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the noodles. Drain, cool under running water. Drain dry.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce and set aside
- Heat half a tablespoon of oil in wok or skillet over medium heat, saute chives and cabbage until fragrant and add bean sprouts. Keep stirring constantly. Pour in the wine while stirring and warm for a few minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil and the noodles while stirring to prevent them clumping or sticking. Pour in the sauce and then return the vegetables. Continue stirring briskly for one minute until done.
- Serve topped with sesame seeds.