I use red and green fruit in my trifle to represent Christmas but you can use whatever fruit you prefer.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 sponge jam log cake
- 20 grapes
- 10 strawberries
- 2 packs jelly - one red, one green
- 1 container custard
- 1 container whipped cream
- Best if you start this the day before - make up red jelly in the serving bowl. Once red jelly is set, make the green jelly on top.
- Cut the sponge log up and place around the sides of bowl. Pour custard in the middle of the bowl and top with fruit.
- Add whipped cream for decoration.