These delightful cinnamon sugar coated donuts are simply moreish and ideal on a cold winters day.
Do hope you enjoy these dainty treats.
Ingredients (serves 15)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup castor sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 11/2 cups all purpose flour
- FOR THE COATING
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Set and spray donut machine holes with cooking oil spray
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder, salt nutmeg and flour. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, or using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the wet ingredients in two parts (mixture may look curdled but that's OK), alternating with the dry ingredients. Mix last addition of dry ingredients just until combined; do not overmix.
- Using a spoon or donut dispenser carefully drop a small amount into the holes of the donut machine and close the lid.
- While the donuts are cooking, melt the 1/2 cup of butter for the coating. In another bowl mix the cinnamon and sugar together until completely combined.
- When donuts are cooked dip each donut quickly in the melted butter, gently shake off excess butter, then put the donuts into the cinnamon-sugar and coat well.
- Repeat with the next batch. EnJoY while hot.