I love this coconut ball recipe. My granny used to make it for festivals.
Ingredients (makes 20 balls)
- handful dry fruits/nuts (i've used almonds, pistachio, cashew, dates)
- 6-7 arrowroot / marrie biscuits
- 1 can condensed milk
- 100 gm desiccated coconut
- Finely chop all dry fruits and crush the biscuits. Mix together. You can add some drinking chocolate at this point if you like - this is optional.
- Add desiccated coconut, leaving aside some plain desiccated coconut for rolling. Add condensed milk and blend with a spoon to form a gluey mix.
- Roll into small balls and toss into some desiccated coconut. Keep in fridge for 2 hours to set. Store in container with lid and they will keep fresh for 2-3 weeks.