This coconut cake loaf is such a great recipe for the times when you want a healthy snack for lunchboxes, the park or for when friends drop in!
- 2 eggs
- 300ml milk
- 1 teas vanilla essence
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teas baking powder
- 2 teas cinnamon powder
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 150g dessicated or shredded coconut
- 75g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C (170 if fan-forced)
- Lightly whisk the eggs, milk and vanilla essence in one bowl
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking powder and cinnamon and combine. Add coconut and sugar
- Make a well into the dry ingredients, and pour in the egg/milk mix, stir gently until all combined, but don't overdo it.
- Pour in melted butter and stir again until combined well, but again, don't over-stir. Pour into greased and floured loaf tin and bake on middle shelf for 1 hour
- Leave to cool slightly, and then slice/toast to serve