Coconut Chocolate Avocado Mousse anyone? Yeees please! This healthier version of Chocolate Mousse will have you doing a happy dance!

So thick, rich and creamy, if you didn’t know it was made with avocado, you would never guess! Avocado is really good for you, containing lots of healthy fats and an abundance of vitamins and minerals, and this mousse is a great way to treat yourself to something sweet without feeling too guilty!

Ingredients (makes 4 Small serves)

• 2 Ripe avocados, skin & stone removed
  • 50g Cacao Powder
  • 125g Maple syrup
  • 125ml Good quality coconut cream
  • 60ml Cold pressed coconut oil
  • 1 tsp Vanilla bean extract
  • 6 Strawberries chopped (to serve)

Method

1. Combine avocado, maple syrup, coconut cream, coconut oil, vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
  2. Divide into serving glasses or glass serving jars. It is very rich, so only a little is needed per serve
  3. Refrigerate for 2 - 3 hours to chill completely. The longer left, the more firm they will become as the coconut oil will harden
  4. Decorate with chopped strawberries

Notes... The servings in the picture could have easily been split into halves and made to be 4 servings. Its so thick and rich, only a small amount is needed

• I love chocolate mousse – nice to see a healthier option.

• Love traditional choc mousse – but love avocado and maple syrup and sounds good and will give it a go.

• Can anyone tell me how strong the avocado is? I love avocado but my partner hates it. These sound absolutely devine though and id love to try them.

• My husband hates avocado and he had no idea it was in there. The cacao powder is strong and takes over. It tastes like a rich dark chocolate.

• Avocado does not have an overpowering flavour in most recipes which is why it is so good for dip and mousse.

• I would love to try but a bit skeptical as to whether the texture would be nice and although I like avocado, not sure I could eat it as a sweet.

• It’s not light and airy, it’s more dense. The longer you leave it in the fridge the denser it gets due to the coconut oil hardening up. It’s good!

• I had been looking to make this months ago, from a Jamie Oliver recipe. But I saw it made on tv and the shows hosts said it wasn’t nice, nothing like actual chocolate mousse. I think I’ll have to make some and see for myself

• Sounds great and there is no egg that’s different would be happy to try this thanks!

• Super healthy ! Great alternative !

• Thanks this is one of the things I’ve been wanting to try I will give it a go.

• This looks delicious. I can’t wait to try it.

• This is my kind of recipe. Yummy!!

• Your mousse looks beautifully presented in the glasses,thanks for a delicious dessert!