An effective birthday cake for the novice birthday cake maker or for the parent who has left it to the last minute. This cake can be made the morning of the party.
Ingredients (makes 1 medium cake)
- 1 packet Chocolate cake mix of your choice
- Heaped tablespoons Milo Cold Crunch
- Heaped teaspoons choc bits
- construction machines
- wax paper cut into the shape of the birthday number
- Make cake according to packet. Ice the cake and while the icing is still very moist, decorate as follows:
- Cut out a number (the birthday is for) in wax paper and place in the middle of the iced cake. Sprinkle Milo Cold Crunch over the remainder of the cake. Carefully peel the wax paper off the cake to reveal the number.
- Carefully crumble off part of the side of the cake, making sure not to split the cake too far through the middle. Add choc bits through this part of the cake.
- Arrange the construction machines around the cake.