These cornflake, sultana and apricot biscuits are a yummy snack for hungry tummies that will keep the energy levels happy and firing!
Ingredients (makes 12 Biscuits)
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1/4 cup dried apricots (cut into small cubes)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1/2 tbsp Golden Syrup ( not important but we love the extra flavour)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly grease a biscuit tray (I also add baking paper, but you don’t have to). Dry roast the oats for a a few minutes and leave to cool. Crush cornflakes and add to the oats.
- Add salt, baking powder, flour, apricots and sultanas and mix well.
- Melt the butter (or just measure out oil) and pour into the dry mixture. Stir all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Add the honey and stir well. Now slowly add the yogurt until the mix binds together.
- Form small balls from the mix – around 2cm round, place on the baking tray and flatten them with the back of a spoon. Lightly brush with Golden Syrup.
- Put the biscuits into the oven for around 15-20 minutes or until they turn golden brown on top. Leave on the tray for around 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. The biscuits will become crisp on the outside after cooling but if you went for the Golden syrup they will be a tad sticky. They’ll stay nice and gooey on the inside.