My husband is a keen spear fisherman, which is great as I love my fresh crays!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup Grated cheese
- 80g Butter
- 1/2 cup Self reading flour
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 3 cups Milk
- 1 Diced onion
- 1 Clove of garlic diced
- 1 Crayfish meat
- 1 Salt, pepper & lemon to season
- In a pot of boiling salt water add a green crayfish and cook for 8 minutes of until flesh is firm (don't overcook!)
- In a saucepan melt butter and add flour, stir until crumbly
- Add milk gradually continuously stirring, add grated cheese and minced garlic, turn off heat when desired consistency is reached.
- Fry diced onion and garlic until clear, add in shredded crayfish meat and season to taste. Transfer into cheese sauce and pour into fray shell, bake under a hot grill for approximately 6 minutes or until golden, serve with lemon!