A delicious hearty soup that doesn't take long to prepare
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion ,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 stalks celery,chopped
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 300 grams sweet potato,peeled and grated
- 1 green apple , peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander , chopped
- Natural yoghurt to serve
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, onion and celery. Cook, stirring, until onion is soft
- Increase heat to high.
Add chicken, potato, apple and curry powder. Cook , stirring until chicken starts to colour.
- Add stock.Bring to boil. Gently boil,covered,for 10 minutes
- Add rice.Simmer, covered, for a further 10 minutes, or until rice is tender
- Season and stir in half the coriander
- Serve soup topped with yoghurt and remaining coriander
Notes... This soup is so tasty. I have added other vegetables sometimes to bulk it up , but it is delicious either way !