A tasty addition to any BBQ, lunch or the perfect side dish for dinner!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 800g Desiree Potatoes (peeled)
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 150g Leg Ham (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Finely chopped chives
- 2 Eggs (Beaten)
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Grate potatoes. Place potato in a sieve over a large bowl. Using the back of a large spoon, press to drain excess liquid.
- Combine flour, baking powder, ham and chives in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add egg and potato to flour mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Spoon 2 tablespoons of mixture into pan. Flatten with a spatula. Repeat to make 4 cakes. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until golden. Transfer to a wire rack over a baking tray lined with paper towel. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.