This is a good way to use up all that leftover Halloween lollies especially if you received a glut of Smartie boxes. Make a group of them and you’ve got an easy birthday cake as well – bonus, there’s no cutting required!
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 iced cupcake
- 1 small packet of smarties
- 1 mini M&M
- Either make and ice your own cupcakes (plenty of awesome recipes on Mouths of Mums website) or purchase a store bought iced cupcake.
- Arrange the Smarties in 4 lines towards the edge of the cupcake to form the fish scales.
- Take 2 Smarties and angle them towards each other on the opposite side to form the lips.
- Place one Smartie on for the eye. Use a small amount of icing on the back of the mini M&M and position it on top of the eye Smartie to make the pupil (scrape a bit from the side if you've purchased a cupcake).