These date and walnut choc balls are a hit in any household that is trying to reduce the amount of sugar and processed foods. Very simple and super quick to make.
Ingredients (makes 16 balls)
- 3/4 cup Walnuts
- 1 cup Dessicated Coconut
- 1 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 2 tbsp Mayver's All Natural Peanut Cacao Spread
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut Chips, finely crushed/chopped
- 1/4 cup Cashews
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes then drain water and set aside.
- Using the large bowl on your food processor, whiz together the walnuts, cashews, 3/4 cup of the dessicated coconut and the chia seeds.
- Once this resembles fine breadcrumbs, stop the food processor and add the Mayver's All Natural Peanut Cacao Spread, the vanilla extract and the dates.
- Whiz together until the mixture comes together in clumps.
- Mix the remaining 1/4 cup dessicated coconut and the finely chopped toasted coconut chips together and place in a cereal sized bowl.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls (smaller than a golf ball) and then coat in the coconut mixture.
- Place all balls in an airtight container and store in the fridge.