A quick and easy sweet treat for kids and parents alike. And containing the health benefits of oats, you can even pretend they’re good for you.
Ingredients (makes 24 biscuits)
- 150g Unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Self-raising flour
- 2 cups Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Milk Choc Chunks
- 1/2 cup NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE White Choc Bits
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius (160 degrees fan forced). Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Sift both flours over the butter mixture and mix on slow speed until just combined. Add oats and mix, again on slow speed, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Add chocolate chunks and choc bits and mix by hand until the chocolate is evenly distributed through mixture.
- Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls and place on prepared trays. Flatten slightly with your hand or bottom of a glass. Bake in over for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden. Leave on tray to cool slightly, before transferring to a cooling rack.