This is a fun thing I do for my nephews at Easter. I hide clues/ challenges around the house that ultimately leads them to the Pinata where they smash it open to reveal their Easter present!
Ingredients (makes 1 Giant chocolate pinata)
- 3-4 bags Chocolate melts (plus a bit extra to use for decorating)
- Assorted lollies for decorating
- Assorted treasures to put in the middle!
- Spray oil
- Lightly spray a large bowl with the oil.
- Melt 1 bag of the melts in the microwave in 30 second bursts until smooth and melted.
- Pour the chocolate into the bowl, and slowly swirl around to cover the whole inside of the bowl evenly. Keep moving it around until it starts to thicken, then place into the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes or until completely set
- When set, repeat steps with all bags of chocolate until you have a thick chocolate bowl.
- Tip upside down and using a face washer that's been soaked in hot water, rub over the bowl to release the chocolate. Once it's out, melt the extra chocolate and use it as a glue to stick on your decorations. I used easter eggs, giant freckles, sour mini worms, skittles and marshmallow rope, but you can use what ever you want to.
- Once decorated, carefully tip upside down and fill with lollies and small toys etc. Place some melted chocolate around the edge and place the plate you want to use on top and allow the chocolate to dry so the shell sticks to the plate. carefully turn the right way up, and you're ready to go!