A quick and easy tortilla recipe that tastes so much better than the store bought variety!
Ingredients (makes 6 Tortillas)
- 1 cup Plain wholemeal flour
- 1 cup Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup Tepid water
- Place the dry ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer or food processor fitted with a dough hook/blade (a good old bowl and hands do the job too!). With the motor running, drizzle in the oil and water. You may need to add a little extra water if it seems too dry.
- Once the dough has come together, cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest for about 30 minutes (this step isn't essential, but it definitely makes a difference to the texture of the wraps and makes them much easier to roll out).
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions (I use scales to do this), and roll each portion into a round, about 2mm thick. Cook each tortilla for about 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Serve.
- Note: These freeze well so you could even make a double batch. Just freeze with a sheet of baking paper between each tortilla.