Try this egg and potato gravy!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 400 gram diced tomato
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 3 potato medium (peeled and cut into 8 pieces each)
- 1 litre water
- 3 eggs boiled (peeled and cut into 2 pieces in oval shape)
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Heat oil in a deep pot and add onion to fry. Fry until tender and light golden then add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add tomato and all spices and cook on slow heat for 10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup of the water and cook for 5 minutes then take it off from stove and blend with a stick mixer until smooth.
- After blending put back on the stove and add the potatoes and cook on low/slow heat for 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add remaining water and cook on medium heat for desired gravy and for the oil to come up.
- Now dish out the gravy, add the boiled eggs and garnish with coriander. Serve with rice or bread.