These energy balls are a nutritious snack for kids and adults alike!
Ingredients (serves 30 | makes 35 balls )
- ½ cup McKenzie's Chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw mixed nuts (ie almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, brazil nuts)
- 1 cup McKenzie's Natural Whole Oats
- ½ cup McKenzie's shredded coconut
- 1 tsp McKenzie's cinnamon powder
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 2 Tbsp dried apple, diced finely
- Prepare chickpeas by cooking in 1 ½ c water until well cooked (approx 1 – 1½ hrs).
- Meanwhile, put the nuts and oats into the food processor and blend until coarse.
- Place nut mix into a large bowl and add coconut, cinnamon and dried fruits and mix thoroughly.
- Place warm chickpeas into the food processor with 2 Tbsp water, honey and vanilla and puree to a smooth paste.
- Spoon chickpea mix into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Mixture should combine to form balls easily.
- Roll mixture into balls approximately the size of a walnut. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.