A quick and easy recipe to clean out your veggie drawer.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 shallots (or 1 brown onion)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sweet potato
- 1/2 red capsicum
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- two handfuls baby leaf spinach
- 2 tsps stock powder
- 1 x 400ml can coconut cream
- 2 cups water
- olive oil
- Finely slice or dice shallots/brown onions, garlic, sweet potato, capsicum and carrot. Saute with a good glug of olive oil and stock powder. I used the high saute function on the Philips All-In-One Cooker for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and corn. Saute for a further five minutes, or until veggies are softened.
- Add spinach and stir it in while it wilts.
- Add brown rice, coconut cream and water. Stir thoroughly.
- Cook for 25 minutes on high pressure. This recipe can also be oven backed for around an hour, just add an extra half a cup of water and seal your baking dish tightly with alfoil.