A quick and easy tasty family treat, fantastic for children’s parties or after school treats!!!!!
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Plain flour
- 1/2 cup Caster sugar
- 2 tspn Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 5 tbspn Butter melted
- 1 Egg
- 1 tspn Vanilla essence
- Pinch Salt
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- Food colouring optional
- Sprinkles and other toppings
- Set oven to 180 degrees to preheat or turn on donut maker to heat up
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, milk, butter, egg, vanilla essence and pinch of salt into mixer and mix until combined and smooth and lump free
- Put mixture into a piping bag with a large nozzle and pipe into donut maker or greased mini donut pans
- Cook for 15 minutes or until golden in the oven or as per donut maker instructions
- Once baked, turn out donuts on a wire rack and wait until completely cool before icing
- Use colourful icing, lollies, sprinkles, and other decorations to make your donuts pretty!!!
Optional: for a cinnamon sugar coating, use 1/4 cup of caster sugar to 1/2 tspn cinnamon and mix well. Melt a bowl of butter and dip mini donuts in before coating in the sugar!!!
- Note: milk and flour can be substituted for dairy free milk and gluten free flour to cater for allergies. Quantities do not need to be altered