I love Florentines but can never get them right. This is my solution!
Ingredients (makes 1 Tray)
- 185 grams NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark chocolate melts
- 3/4 cup Sultanas
- 2 cups Crushed cornflakes
- 1/2 cup Roasted unsalted peanuts
- 60 gram Red glacé cherries
- 2/3 cup NESTLE sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line a lamington tin with baking paper or aluminium foil. I like to overhang my paper for easy removal later on.
- Melt the NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE dark chocolate melts as per the instructions on the pack. Spread evenly over the base of the lined tin. Refrigerate until set.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mixing well. Spread the mixture evenly and firmly over the chocolate base.
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Cool, refrigerate until set and then cut into squares.
Notes... If desired, you can add another layer of melted chocolate after the filling has set. The 45 minutes cooking time is also allowing time for the chocolate to set.