Brighten a beautiful morning with flower cookies and a cup of tea.
Ingredients (makes 20 Cookies)
- 180 gr Butter
- 70 gr Icing sugar
- 1 Egg yolk
- 180 gr Plain flour
- 35 gr Almond meal
- 30 gr Almond flakes, chopped
- 15 gr NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE Cocoa Powder
- 10 gr Custard powder
- Cream butter, icing sugar and egg yolk until soft and fluffy. Sift in flour and almond meal, mix well.
- Take ½ portion dough, mix well with custard powder. Chill in fridge for 30 mins. The other ½ portion mix well with NESTLE BAKERS' CHOICE cocoa powder and almond flakes. Chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Roll the custard dough into rectangle sheet and place the cocoa dough log inside. Make sure to roll it very tightly and chill it again in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Slice the dough into 0.5 cm pieces and cut using cookie cutter into flower shape.
- Bake at 160C for about 20 mins. Remove the cookies and cool on a wire rack.