Tired of your scones turning out dense, heavy and rock hard? Then try this recipe! The yummiest fluffiest scones you will ever make!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 15 scones)
- 3 cups Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup Cream
- 1 cup Lemonade
- Pinch Salt
- Preheat oven to 220 degrees (fan forced). Sift flour best you can, add salt.
- Add cream and lemonade and mix ingredients together until just combined, being sure not to over mix. You may want to use a knife for this step.
- Place onto a lightly floured board and kneed. Be sure not to overwork the dough.
- Roll out with rolling pin to 1 inch thick. Cut out scones using scone cutter. Place on tray lined with baking paper making sure to leave space in between scones as they will rise and spread out a bit. Brush tops with milk.
- Reduce oven to 200 degrees and cook for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with butter, jams and cream and ENJOY! Best served HOT!