This is an interesting recipe that uses some great healthy ingredients to create a tasty ‘bread’ loaf that you can enjoy as a slice/cake for a snack.
Ingredients (makes 1 loaf)
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup round flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup each raisens, pepitas, chopped dried apricots,chopped almonds
- Mix flour, almond meal, oil, sugar, flaxseed and cinnamon.
- Whisk eggs, milk, oil, and almond extract until combined.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and fold in the raisins, pepitas, apricots, and almonds.
- Top with a few oats and pepitas to decorate and bake in 180C oven for about 30 mins until skewer comes out clean.