This is beautiful . I always have everything in my pantry and some time I drain a can of peaches and I place this as my first layer in the bottom of the dish.
Ingredients (makes 6 )
- 9 slices Of white bread
- 2 tablespoons Sultanas soaked in apple juice
- 1/4 cup Apple juice for sultanas
- 375 ml Can of light and creamy evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Caster sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tablespoons Flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoons i Icing sugar
- Preheat oven 180 c or 160 c fanforcedgreased a 1 litre rectangle oven proof dish . Take 4 slices of bread cut each in to 3 strips layer the strips and soak with the sultanas and apple juice.
- Using a 5 cm round pastry cutter or egg ring cut remaining bread into rounds and place over the top.whisk together milk 2 tablespoons of sugar and eggs. Pour over bread and let stand for ten mins
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar and flaked almonds bake for .55 mins or until set serve dusted with a little icing sugar