Choc chip biscuits with a twist.
Ingredients (makes 40 biscuits)
- 250 g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp bi carb soda
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup coarsly chopped glace cherries
- 200g each dark and milk eating eating chocolate, chopped coarsely
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line oven trays with baking paper.
- Beat butter, extract, sugars and egg with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Transfer mix into large bowl; stir in sifted flour, cocoa and soda, in two batches. Stir in coconut, cherries and both chocolates.
- Roll level tbsp. of dough in balls place about 5 cm apart on trays. Flatten slightly.
- Bake biscuits about 10-12 minutes. Cool on trays.