These fishcakes go well with tartare sauce! This is my dad’s recipe and it’s a hit!
Ingredients (makes 8 patties)
- 1 x 425g tinned tuna in springwater
- dash oil for frying
- 3 potatoes mashed
- 2 diced onions
- 1 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 4 sprigs parsley chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- In a small pan, heat some oil. Add onions, Worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce and simmer until the onions soften.
- Combine the onion mixture with the mashed potato.
- Drain the tuna and add to the potato mixture. Let cool.
- Add the egg and parsley and stir through well.
- Make into patties and roll in flour. Shake off excess then put in fridge for 30 mins to firm up.
- Cook in pan with oil and serve.