A delicious recipe that combines the tastes of traditional eggnog with gingerbread.
Perfect Christmas treat for the family or a party.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1/3 cup Golden syrup
- 3 cups Thickened Cream
- 4 Eggs (seperated)
- 7g Stevia sweet (sweetener can be substituted with 70g castor sugar)
- 100g White Chocolate
- 1 1/2 tblsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground nutmeg
- OPTIONAL 1 PACKET Gingernut Biscuits (for serving)
- Place egg whites and sweetener in a large mixing bowl. Place egg yolks and golden syrup in separate bowl. Beat on low until whites are forming peaks and yolks are frothy.
- Heat cream in saucepan on low. While cream is heating slowly fold the yolk mixture into egg whites mixture. When cream is hot but not boiling add spices and white chocolate (broken into pieces), mix until smooth.
- Slowly fold cream mixture into egg mixture (this also cooks the eggs), leave out any lumps in the bottom. Serve in a small glass or mug with optional gingernut biscuit.