This rice dish is delicious!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 1/2 cups long grain rice (brown or white)
- 85 g gluten free spaghetti, broken into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes or 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon tumeric
- 2 chicken breasts, diced and cooked
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter for cooking
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- 3 1/2 cups water (depending on type of rice used)
- 1 cup cooked peas and carrots (or vegetables of your choice).
- In a medium bowl, place the rice and spaghetti together and mix until combined. Set the bowl aside. In a small bowl, place the rest of the dried ingredients and mix to combine. Set the bowl aside.
- In a pan, place the butter and oil and melt the butter over medium heat. Add the rice and pasta mixture and stir to coat. Cook, stirring frequently until the dried pasta and rice smell nutty (about 3 mins).
- Add the entire spice mixture, and mix to coat the grains. Add the water and mix to combine. Bring the mixture to boil over medium high heat. Lower the heat to medium-low and cover. Simmer for 15 - 20 mins or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add cooked chicken, peas and carrots and mix through. Allow to sit, covered for 5 minutes before serving.