Turmeric milk, or golden milk, is not only a very comforting drink but it is high in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory compounds, manganese and iron. I make this instead of hot chocolate.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 cups almond milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 tabs honey
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 cinnamon stick (or 1 tsp ground cinnamon)
- small pinch of black pepper and grated fresh ginger
- Pour all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a light boil.
- Whisk to combine then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 mins.
- Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger and cinnamon.
- Serve up and enjoy warm!