These hark back to granny’s goodies, with a rich sweet taste that mimicks the golden brown colour that they are. Yummy with a cuppa and great for a lunchbox treat.
Ingredients (makes 24 Medium cookies)
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 tbsp maca powder (optional)
- 1 loose cup brown sugar
- 250g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp rice syrup or golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- Melt butter with rice syrup & vanilla.
- Dissolve bicarb soda in boiling water & add to butter (this should froth slightly allowing the contents to blend).
- Add wet to dry and combine. Tip - don't over mix biscuit recipe as it over works the gluten and you'll get a more dense bready result.
- Place tbsp sized blobs onto a lined tray and bake for 20 minutes on 180 C.