This Greek Lamb and Lemon Pasta is a deliciously quick and simple recipe … and yet brings a wonderful combination of flavours to life. The flavours of lemon, lamb and Greek Natural yoghurt are the perfect combination!
We made this on MoM Cook Club LIVE too! You can watch it here:
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 cups Cooked Pasta (spaghetti is my favourite but any type will do)
- 1 cup Shredded or finely diced cooked Lamb (shoulder, leg or fillet)
- 1/2 cup Green Peas
- 2 Zucchinis (grated, shredded or spiralised)
- 1 cup Multigrain breadcrumbs
- 2 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Greek Natural Yoghurt
- 2 Small Lemons
- 1/4 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Mint Leaves
- Cook pasta until al dente (soft with a tiny little bit of bite). For a lovely lemon flavour, add 2 half lemons to the water when boiling the pasta. Add the last minute just before you take off the heat, add the frozen peas. Strain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a non-stick frypan.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for a minute then add the lamb and fry off for another 2 minutes. Add the breadcrumbs and walnuts and continue to fry for another 5 - 6 minutes keeping the heat nice and low so that everything crisps up nicely but nothing burns.
- Combine the pasta, zucchini, lamb and crumb mixture and toss together.
- Top with the mint leaves, olives and add the Yoghourt. Drizzle the rest of the olive oil over and season with a good sprinkle of salt and pepper. Serve immediately and ... ENJOY!