Simple easy 4 ingredient chicken!
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 4 Serves )
- 1 Whole Ingham's Chicken
- 1 Handful of fresh oregano (can substitute for dried if needed)
- 1 Whole Lemon
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 220c or if using a Weber BBQ, turn to high and close the lid. Meanwhile dice the onions in to small pieces and finely chop the oregano.
- Grate the rind of the lemon into a large bowl, add the olive oil, chopped onion and chopped oregano and mix well. Cut the lemon in half and keep to one side.
- Place the Ingham's chicken on a baking tray or weber convection foil tray and massage all over with the lemon, oregano & onion mixture, ensuring all areas of the chicken are coated. Sprinkle generously with malden salt and cracked pepper. Place both halves of the lemon inside the chicken cavity. Put in the oven and immediately reduce the oven temp to 200c. Cook for 1 hour 20 mins for a 1.6KG chicken and adjust accordingly for size of bird! If using a weber, place the convection tray on a roasting trivet and put in the BBQ and reduce the temp to medium. Check after about an hour, cooked chicken at the thickest part of the thigh should measure 165° Fahrenheit (75° Celsius). Serve with a lovely greek salad and some roast potatoes
Notes... My husband's original recipe from the BBQ which we cook in the oven in Winter!. It's so simple, set and forget and absolutely delicious!