A healthy soup that’s really quick and easy to whip up.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 cups dried green split peas
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the green split peas and soak overnight in water. In the morning rinse and drain.
- Combine all the ingredients (except salt and pepper) in the Philips All-in-One Cooker inner pot.
- Seal lid, check that the valve is on SEAL.
- Select PRESSURE COOK, then go to 'MANUAL' and set the pressure cooking time to 15 minutes. Press START.
- Turn the pressure regulator to VENT, open the lid, let cool down a little and then puree the soup in a food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Notes... Don't forget to take into account that the green split peas need to be soaked overnight.