These Gummy Bear Gum Drop Cookies are such a treat for the kids and fun to make! Forget Jam Drops and go for Gummy Bear Gum Drop Cookies instead
Ingredients (makes 30 Cookies)
- 3 cups Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Caster Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 packet Haribou Gummy Bears (or similar)
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and the vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto baking trays lined with baking paper. Take the end of a wooden spoon (or the end of a large permanent market makes the perfect size) and put a generous dent in the centre of the biscuit (but don't go all the way through). Don't forget to space the biscuits out on the trays as this mixture will spread a little.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on baking trays for a few minutes before moving to cool on wire racks.
- The Gum Drop centre for each biscuit will use approx 3 Gummy Bears (depending on the size of your biscuits). It's best to work with only 2 biscuits at a time as the mixture will start to set too quickly otherwise. Pop 6 Gummy Bears in a tiny heatproof bowl (or coffee cup) and heat in microwave on full power for 30 seconds.
- To avoid the gummy mixture setting too quickly you can stand the cup or bowl in a larger bowl of hot water. Spoon or drizzle the mixture into the centre of the biscuits and allow to cool.