A delicious little finger food that looks festive and tastes amazing
Ingredients (makes 25 pieces)
- 1 French stick, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 large piece Seedless watermelon, cut into 2cmx2cm squares
- 1-2 Block Halloumi cheese, cut into thick slices
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic glaze
- Arrange the french stick slices on a tray and brush each piece on both sides with oil.
- Heat a large frying pan or griddle pan, and add the bread in a single layer. Leave long enough so they lightly toast and become golden. Do this on each side. Remove from pan
- Lightly grease the pan with olive oil and cook the halloumi for a minute or two on each side until golden. Alternatively if you have a large sandwich press, you can cook it in there and it does both sides at once. Remove and set aside in a single layer
- With each piece of toast, you want to add some rocket, a slice of Halloumi, a square of watermelon and then finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze
- While the toast and the halloumi can be made an hour or so in advance, these are best eaten when the cheese is still warm.
Notes... There are many different brands of Halloumi cheese so its hard to say exactly how much you will need. The one I buy comes in a big ball and I use one, but If using the blocks you can get at the supermarket, I would say you would need between 1 -2