Delicious cookies that are great for making into any design. These Halloween cookies especially are a hit with the kids!
Ingredients (makes 20 cookies)
- 175g Plain flour
- 100g Chilled butter, cubed
- 85g Icing Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg yolk
- Icing sugar (for icing)
- Water (for icing)
- Candy hearts (decoration)
- Put the flour, butter, sugar, vanilla and egg yolk in a food processor. Dribble in 1 TBS water, and blitz until the mix comes together to form a dough.
- Place onto a work surface, and knead briefly to bring together, then wrap in cling wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Once chilled, roll out on a floured surface and cut out your 'gingerbread man' shapes.
- Place onto a lined baking tray, and cook in a moderate oven for approximately 12 minutes
- Allow to cool completely, then make up a basic icing using icing sugar and a touch of water. You don't need alot of water at all as the icing sugar dissolves easily. Start with a small amount first and add more if needed. If you have added too much water - add more icing sugar until it resembles a paste.
- Place icing into a piping bag with a small thin nozzle, and ice the 'bones' onto your skeleton. Add a tiny candy heart, and you're done!