A quick easy stir fry Haloumi cheese with pineapple, veggies and rice.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 125g Haloumi cheese cut in small cubes
- 2 slices of canned pineapple cut in small chunks
- 1 small brown onion diced
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage chopped in small pieces
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 1 medium capsicum diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 TBSP light soy sauce
- 1 TBSP pineapple juice reserved from canned pineapple
- 1TBSP cooking oil
- a sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Heat frypan in medium-high heat for a minute, add oil to frypan, tilt and swirl to coat the surface. Sweat onion but do not brown too much, add carrot and cabbage, stir frequently till they are soft.
- Add cheese and continue to stir until the cheese is slightly brown on the edges. Add capsicum, frozen peas and pineapple. Stir for a minute, then add rice and break up the lumps so the rice is spread out evenly.
- When the rice has heated through, add soy sauce and pineapple juice. Stir briskly to combine all ingredients. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, turn off heat. Transfer fried rice to a big platter to share at the table immediately.