Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 long green chillies, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 lemon zested, then cut lemon into wedges
- 1 tsp ground corriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bunch of corriander
- 4 chicken thigh fillets, skin on, bone in (or use lovely legs)
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1.5 cups cous cous
- 400g pumpkin cut into 1cm pieces
- Blend all ingredients including coriander to make the paste. Season with salt and rub over chicken. Set aside for 30 mins to marinate. Keep left over harissa to put on cooked chook.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Make cous cous with the stock - fluff with fork after 5 mins.
- Layer baking dish with cous cous, place marinated chicken on top, then scatter pumpkin and lemon wedges over dish - see my picture.
Cook for about 30-40 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Squeeze lemon wedges over dish and serve... I usually double the recipe so we have two meals.
Notes... I add some additional stock so the cous cous isn't dry, and always double harissa, as we love this dish saucy!!