Half the sugar and butter of normal frosting but still has an amazing yummy taste! I used wholemeal plain flour and it had little flecks through it and no one even noticed! I think different milk options could be used also.
Ingredients (makes 12 Cupcakes)
- 35 g Plain Flour
- 200 ml Milk
- 150 g Sugar
- 200 g Unsalted Butter
- 35 g Vanilla extract
- Place flour and milk in saucepan, continue to stir over medium heat. Bring to slow boil until thick custard. THERMO: Place flour and milk into TM bowl and pulse 2-3 times to blend. Cook for 15 minutes at 80°C on speed 4.
- Pour into bowl, cover with plastic wrap, pushing plastic down onto surface of mixture. Cool completely.
- Beat butter and sugar together for about 5 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat well. THERMO: In clean TM bowl pulverise sugar for 15 seconds on speed 9. Add butter and chop for 5-10 seconds on speed 7. Insert butterfly and aerate butter and sugar for 1-2 minutes on speed 3. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary. Add vanilla and beat well.
- Add cooked milk mixture and continue to beat well for around 2-3 minutes at a time until very smooth and white. THERMO: Add cooked milk mixture and continue to beat for around 2-3 minutes on speed 3 until very smooth and white.
- Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (No longer and no less.) Use immediately.