This Healthy Beef and Almond Stir Fry is a really great tasting stir fry that my whole family loves! Super easy with the MAGGI infusion paste too.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 packet MAGGI Chinese Five Spice & Soy Beef
- 2 cups Brown Rice
- 1 medium Brown Onion - sliced
- 1 medium Eggplant - diced
- 2 bunches Broccolini - roughly chopped into 5cm lengths
- 2 cups Button Mushrooms - roughly chopped into halves or quarters
- 1/2 cup Toasted or Tamari whole almonds
- 500g Rump Steak - sliced into strips about 1/2 cm thick
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil (optional)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Marinate the beef strips in the MAGGI 'Infusion Paste' that is one side of the Stir Fry packet. Set aside for at least half an hour. If you intend to marinate for longer than half an hour, cover and place in refrigerator.
- Cook brown rice whichever way you normally would. I use a Rice Cooker and use a ratio of 1 cup brown rice to 1.5 cups water (I like the rice cooked but still a little bit chewy).
- Once the rice is cooked, stir through 1 teaspoon of Sesame Oil just for a hint of flavour. This is completely optional.
- Heat wok, frypan or wide based saucepan to as hot as possible then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add half the beef strips and spread them evenly around the pan. Do not stir - allow them to sear well on one side and then turn over and cook until rare to medium. You want the meat seared not stewed. Remove the first batch from the pan and repeat this process with the remaining beef strips.
- Once all the beef strips are cooked and removed from the pan, add the onion, mushrooms and eggplant, a pinch of salt and brown for just a couple of minutes. Then add 1 tablespoon of water and cover for 5 minutes - this will allow the mushrooms and eggplant to cook through but more importantly soak up all the flavours and juices in the pan left from the meat.
- Add the broccolini, cover for 2 minutes.
- Add the 'finishing sauce' from the MAGGI Stir Fry sauce and all the beef strips. Toss everything together to ensure the sauce is evenly distributed. Do this quickly as you want to ensure the veges don't go too soggy (keep them crispy for extra crunch)!
- You're ready to serve! Plate up however you like - my kids like their rice and stir fry separate hence the little bowl but it's your choice. Sprinkle with roughly chopped almonds and add a few chilli sprinkles if you like a little more spice.