A healthy and more nutritious spin on the traditional Florentine.
Ingredients (makes 12 biscuits)
- 40g Butter
- 60g Coconut sugar
- 2 Tbs Agave syrup (or sweetner of choice)
- 50g Flaked almonds
- 50g Pepitas
- 30g Dried cranberries (or goji berries)
- 60g Buckinis
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt flakes
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat flour (or spelt/besan/plain flour)
- 100g Dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius & line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt butter, sugar & agave syrup in a small saucepan, until dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Add almonds, pepitas, cranberries, salt & cinnamon. Mix well.
- Add flour & combine thoroughly.
- Spoon heaped teaspoons onto baking tray & flatten slightly with a spatula.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on tray.
- Once biscuits have cooled completely, melt the chocolate. Dip the under-side of each Florentine into the chocolate & leave it chocolate-side-up on a tray. Repeat for remaining biscuits, then place the tray into the freezer to set (about 10 mins).